Assessing Child Sexual Abuse
This course aims to raise awareness of frontline practitioners to the risk of sexual abuse, and assessing risk of harm.
A 1 day course for social workers aimed at developing the skills and knowledge to undertake assessments of risk in respect of child sexual abuse.
By the end of the course participants will have been given the opportunity to:
- Understand definitions of sexual abuse including harmful sexual behaviour in children.
- Explore different models for assessing risk of sexual harm including the use of different tools for assessment.
- Consider the impact of sexual harm on children.
- Understand the assessment process for the non-offending partner.
- Explore care planning, including where there is no conviction.
- Consider the profile of sexual offenders.